Deckchairs

Deckchairs

Quote

The true university these days is a collection of books.
-Thomas Carlyle

Monday 16 April 2012

The TBR Double Dare

The picture to your left has been living on my side bar for the last few months. This challenge was organised by Ready When You Are, C. B. and ran from January 1st to April 1st, and all you had to do was only read books that were on your TBR pile before this time. You could still buy books or add books to the pile, you just couldn't read them during the allotted period.
I joined the TBR Double Dare because I had already set myself the challenge to not buy any new books this year and they both seemed to compliment each other. I can accept books as gifts or buy second hand, but I really need to get my TBR pile under control. On average, being quite a slow reader, I get through about 18 to 20 books a year, and I have 118 books on the TBR pile. That is nearly 6 years worth of books. It is not as if I don't intend reading them either. I will read every one. It is just that there is so much temptation, more and more to read, and I love the choice. I simply need to apply some control, and these challenges help.

It seems I have passed the TBR Double Dare, and I have not bought any new books so far so am doing ok with my own challenge.

I hope it continues, fingers crossed.

No comments:

Hay on Wye

Hay on Wye